Sunday, August 21, 2016

How to Get a Refund of Service Charges on Norwegian Cruise Line



If you are like me, you went aboard your cruise thinking you could adjust your service charges while on your cruise.

NOTICE: You cannot do this while aboard your cruise!

Instead, they will give you a form and tell you that you can request a refund once your cruise is actually over.  This was mind blowing to me...not to be able to adjust your tips while your cruise is actually happening?

To help you avoid the hassle I went through (almost 1.5 months!) to get my refund, I made a video that I think will help you out:



Hopefully this will help you out, and make getting money back easier when cruising Norwegian.

Please like my video on YouTube, and let me know if you have any questions.

19 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Norwegian is very underhanded trying to milk guests through refunds in this manner. Thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes they are, and it's not fun sailing with them for that reason. You're welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can we still get a refund if we did not get a form on the ship? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe. I can send the form via email, and they might allow you to use it to get a refund. However, if you lodged no complaints on board, they might not think you have a valid reason to get a refund.

      Delete
    2. Antoinette, please email me and I will!

      Delete
    3. I didnt see your email. Please provide.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I usually request refund for half the total room bill, say 4 of us in a mini-suite, we pay full for 2. The reason is that I tip the servers during the entire cruise, our experience has always been positive if you do that at the time of service!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good advise! I usually do something similar, where I just reduce the amount of "automatic" tip and leave a personal one for the people I feel went above and beyond. It's unfortunate that NCL will not allow you to do this, though.

      Delete
  7. Hi Heather, we experienced some issues on the recent NCL cruise we just took. However, we were unaware of a service charge opt out form. Would you be willing to send a copy of the form via email?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel free to email me! You can find my email on the "contact" section of my blog.

      Delete
  8. Wow! What a help! Would you please email to me a copy of the opt out SC FORM #23? I will also take your advice and complain on board as well as attempt to get an original copy of the form.
    Thanks again, Ken Cassell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have your email Ken, but you can find mine on my site here and email me first and I'll then send a copy :)

      Delete
  9. Heather, I was charged a gratuity for a Tru Scuplt ID procedure in the spa that I think is way out of line. I'll email you, hopefully you can send along the form.
    Much thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete